Maria Botta, MBA
Integrated Marketer / Digital Innovator / Global
FOUNDER/CONSULTANT – FWD Action April 2010 – Present
April 2010 – Present
Provide strategic direction for B2B and B2C clients in their digital marketing efforts. From product roadmaps, initial architecture, platform development, ecommerce, content development and creation, distribution solutions and app development. Develop and manage C-level client relationships, collaborating to create and deploy marketing strategies based on business needs.
DIGITAL AND SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING – Consultant – Select Properties of America
October 2016 – Present
CHIEF MARKETING OFFICER – Consultant – Digitzs
January 2016 – September 2016
Digitzs is a Fintech start-up in the payments space, working with PFPs (Payment Facilitation Platforms). Part of the leadership team that launched the company and crowdfunding campaign in April of 2016. Working closely with the CEO and COO developed a comprehensive go-to-market strategy, product roadmaps, and overall strategy in a complex and continually evolving digital landscape.
• #1 spot in the CNBC Crowdfinance Index, making it the only women-led company to do so.
• Direct supervision of PR and branding agencies. • Ranked #3 during the company launch at TRANSACT 16, social media and PR coverage.
• Developed original content, “Platforms Rock” Vlog, with futurist and influencer Ben Way.
• Created marketing plan, go to market strategy and social media campaign.
MARKETING and PR – Consultant – Nambu Botanicals
MARKETING CONTENT WRITER – Consultant – Worldmedia
January 2015 – March 2015
MARKETING CONTENT WRITER – Consultant – Whiskey Films
October 2014 – January 2016
EMAIL & SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING – Consultant – Vinnin Liquors
December 2014 – Present
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR – Consultant – Copperbridge Foundation
April 2014 – September 2014
• Created new fundraising strategies and opportunities, ensuring diversified financial resources..
• Cultivated relationships and partnerships with external constituents, local community, and donors.
• Established operational procedures in marketing, administration, fundraising and finance.
• Executive Producer and Creative Director of Copperfest which included 17 live events and involved an extensive transmedia campaign that leveraged video assets across multiple platforms.
MARKETING – Consultant – Sylvan Advantage
January 2013 – October 2015
DIGITAL & SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING – Consultant – Balsamo Para La Vida
July 2013 – January 2014
FUNDRAISING CAMPAIGN – Consultant – The Virtua Foundation
October 2011 and February 2014
EMAIL & EVENT MARKETING – Consultant – mumms
February 2010 – May 2012
CONTENT PRODUCER – Consultant – Martini Films
May 2010 – July 2010
DIRECTOR – CREATIVE DEVELOPMENT at The Weather Channel
April 2012 – February 2013
Develop large scale, cross platform partnership opportunities with Advertisers, working with sales, internal partners, agencies, and clients. Ideation, development, and execution of multi-million dollar cross-platform
programs, leveraging leading edge technology on cable, digital and mobile properties.
• Provide creative strategy and direction to all stakeholders in order to create high impact integrated
campaigns that maximize revenue through storytelling.
• Create never been done experiences that leverage the scale of the Weather Company platforms and
portfolios of companies.
• Lead ideation, development and execution of programs for our top tier clients.
• Develop client presentations and video, and oversee production execution on all platforms.
FREELANCE PROJECT SERVICES PRODUCER, FREELANCE NETWORK GRAPHICS at Turner Broadcasting
September 2009 – September 2010
• Managed special projects; developing project plans, status reporting, budgets, working closely with clients..
• Part of internal committee created to establish and implement departmental guidelines and best practices.
• Streamlined inter-departmental processes.
• Project Management and logistics support.
* 2010 Ovation Award for excellence and technological innovation “Conan is Coming to tbs” *
January 2009 – September 2010
Experienced production professional.
• Agency Production: Multicultural, General Market
• Interactive Project Management
• Commercial Production
• Long form Production: Documentary, Feature Film
• TV Production: Promos, Episodic
• Expertise in International Production – Latin America, Europe & Caribbean
BROADCAST PRODUCER at JWT
August 2007 – January 2009
Responsible for producing high volume packages of TV and Radio spots for Ford Dealers from FL to DC.
• Managed an average of 30 concurrent projects, overseeing progress and on-time delivery of deliverables.
• Managed multi-disciplinary teams.
• Developed project plans and weekly status reports, responsible for production and post-production budget estimation.
VP/PRODUCTION/MARKETING at REEL REPS
January 2006 – July 2007
• Developed company’s marketing plans, branding, graphic design and public relations/media strategy.
• Led the company from a bootstrap start-up to $1.2 million dollars in sales in 1 year.
• Consistently exceeded annual sales projections for all clients.
• Developed innovative online B2B marketing programs including eblasts and email marketing.
VP/EXECUTIVE PRODUCER at COLIBRI FILMS
January 2005 – January 2006
Headed International production, and oversaw all marketing and sales efforts, primary contact with clients.
• Grew number of International productions by 40%.
• Provided creative team direction and management.
• Recruited “A” level International directors and grew roster by 50%.
SENIOR PRODUCER at Cartel Creativo
December 2000 – June 2003
Produced and supervised US Hispanic campaigns for the US Army and JCP.
• Responsible for all bid specifications and estimation.
• Worked with multi-discipline teams in a fast-paced environment,
• Developed logistically complicated International productions for clients to produce cost effectively.
Thunderbird School of Global Management
MBA GLOBAL MANAGEMENT 2011
MOUNT HOLYOKE COLLEGE
BA Art History
Courses and certifications
Copenhagen Business School
Consumer Neuroscience & Neuromarketing, 2016
Case Western Reserve University
Inspiring Leadership through Emotional Intelligence, 2016
Darden School of Business
Design Thinking, 2015
Creative Thinking Company
Creative thinking skills and ideation courses – 2013
Email Marketing Certification – 2015
Marketing Methods and Techniques – 2016
Business Strategy – 2014
Internet Marketing – 2014
Creative Writing – Non-fiction – 2014
Thunderbird School of Global Management
Cross-cultural negotiations, 2011
International Marketing, 2011
Cross-cultural relations, 2011
Spanish (Native or bilingual proficiency)
French (Elementary proficiency)